Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer or side dish made from hard-boiled eggs that have been sliced in half lengthwise and then filled with a mixture of the egg yolks and other ingredients. The mixture is typically made with mayonnaise, mustard, and spices such as paprika, salt, and pepper.
To make deviled eggs, the eggs are first hard-boiled, then peeled and sliced in half. The yolks are carefully removed from the egg whites and mashed together with mayonnaise, mustard, and other seasonings until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
The yolk mixture is then spooned or piped back into the hollowed-out egg whites, creating a small mound on top. The deviled eggs are often garnished with additional seasonings such as paprika, chives, or parsley.
Deviled eggs are a popular dish for parties, potlucks, and other gatherings. They are easy to make and can be customized with different seasonings and toppings to suit individual tastes. Deviled eggs are a classic and delicious appetizer that have been enjoyed for generations.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Boil the eggs: Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Carefully add the eggs and let them boil for 9 minutes. After 9 minutes, immediately remove the eggs from the heat and transfer them to a bowl of ice water.
- Peel the eggs: Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel the shells off.
- Cut the eggs in half: Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl.
- Make the filling: Mash the egg yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the filling into the egg whites: Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika and fresh parsley for garnish.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL TIPS:
- Deviled eggs are best served chilled, so it’s a good idea to refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- For a tangier flavor, you can add a splash of hot sauce or pickle juice to the egg yolk mixture.