Pecan pie brownies are a delicious dessert that combines the rich, chocolatey flavor of brownies with the sweet, nutty flavor of pecan pie. They typically consist of a layer of dense, fudgy brownies topped with a layer of pecan pie filling and baked until golden and set.
To make pecan pie brownies, a basic brownie batter is prepared by mixing together melted chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and cocoa powder. The batter is then poured into a baking pan and baked until set.
While the brownies are baking, a pecan pie filling is prepared by mixing together chopped pecans, corn syrup, sugar, eggs, and butter. The pecan pie filling is then poured over the partially baked brownies and returned to the oven to bake until the filling is golden and set.
Once the pecan pie brownies are fully baked, they are allowed to cool and set before being sliced into squares and served. They are a delicious and decadent dessert that is perfect for holidays, special occasions, or any time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat.
PREPARATION TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the corn syrup, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the pecans into the remaining batter in the large bowl and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- Pour the corn syrup mixture over the pecan mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL TIPS:
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.