Pecan praline cheesecake is a rich and indulgent dessert that combines the flavors of creamy cheesecake and sweet pecan praline. The cheesecake typically has a graham cracker crust, a creamy cheesecake filling, and is topped with a sweet and crunchy pecan praline topping.
To make pecan praline cheesecake, a graham cracker crust is typically made by combining graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. The crust is pressed into the bottom of a springform pan and baked until golden brown. For the cheesecake filling, a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract is typically beaten until smooth and creamy. The filling is then poured over the baked crust and baked in the oven until set.
Once the cheesecake has cooled, a pecan praline topping is typically added. The topping is made by caramelizing sugar and butter in a saucepan, and then adding pecans, cream, and vanilla extract. The mixture is stirred until it thickens and then poured over the top of the cheesecake.
Pecan praline cheesecake is a decadent and rich dessert that is perfect for special occasions or as a sweet treat for a holiday meal. The combination of creamy cheesecake and sweet pecan praline topping is a crowd-pleaser and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. It can be served chilled or at room temperature and is best enjoyed with a cup of coffee or tea.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes (including chilling time)
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Whipped Cream (optional):
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- For the crust: In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- For the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the praline topping: In a medium saucepan, heat the brown sugar, cream, and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans. Pour the mixture over the cooled cheesecake.
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until set.
- For the whipped cream: In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form. Serve the cheesecake topped with the whipped cream, if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL TIPS:
- This pecan praline cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To make the crust gluten-free, substitute the graham cracker crumbs with gluten-free graham cracker crumbs.