Potato salad with egg and pickle is a classic side dish that is often served at barbecues, picnics, and potlucks. It is made by combining boiled potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and pickles with a creamy dressing made from mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and other seasonings.
To make potato salad with egg and pickle, potatoes are first boiled until tender, then drained and diced into small pieces. Hard-boiled eggs are also diced into small pieces, and pickles are chopped into small cubes.
The diced potatoes, eggs, and pickles are then mixed together in a large bowl, along with diced onions, celery, and other ingredients, depending on the recipe. The dressing for the potato salad is typically made by mixing mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until smooth. The dressing is then poured over the potato mixture and stirred until everything is evenly coated.
The potato salad with egg and pickle is often served chilled, allowing the flavors to meld together. It is a creamy and tangy dish that is a popular side dish for grilled meats, sandwiches, or as a light lunch or dinner. It can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for several days.
PREPARATION TIME: 45 minutes
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the diced potatoes and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, diced eggs, and diced pickles.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL TIPS:
- Serve cold with additional chopped parsley as a garnish, if desired.
- Feel free to add additional ingredients, such as diced onion, celery, or bell pepper, to suit your taste.