Baked sweet potatoes are a simple and nutritious dish that is easy to prepare and makes a great side dish or even a main course. To make baked sweet potatoes, you will need sweet potatoes, butter or oil, and your choice of seasonings.
Baked sweet potatoes are a healthy and flavorful side dish that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are a great option for anyone looking to incorporate more nutrient-rich foods into their diet.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes and pat dry.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Brush each sweet potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot as a side dish or as a main dish with your favourite toppings such as butter, brown sugar, or chopped pecans.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL TIPS:
- For added flavor, you can add spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice to the olive oil before brushing onto the sweet potatoes.
- To get a crispy skin, place the sweet potatoes on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet before brushing with oil and sprinkling with salt.
- If you’re short on time, you can microwave the sweet potatoes for 5-6 minutes per side before baking in the oven.