An apple fritter cake with cinnamon sugar is a delicious dessert that combines the flavors of apple fritters and cinnamon sugar. It typically consists of a dense, moist cake that is studded with chunks of apples and topped with a generous layer of cinnamon sugar.
To make an apple fritter cake with cinnamon sugar, a batter is typically made from a mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk, and butter. Chunks of apples are then folded into the batter, giving the cake a sweet and fruity flavor.
The batter is then poured into a baking dish and baked in the oven until golden brown and cooked through. While the cake is still warm, a mixture of cinnamon and sugar is typically sprinkled over the top, giving it a sweet and spicy flavor.
An apple fritter cake with cinnamon sugar is a delicious and comforting dessert that is perfect for fall or any time of year. It can be served warm or at room temperature and is best enjoyed with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It is also a great way to use up leftover apples and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar mixed with 1 tsp. ground cinnamon for coating
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the chopped apples.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL TIPS:
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- To make it more flavorful, you can add a pinch of nutmeg to the dry ingredients.
- For a crispier texture, sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on top just before serving.